Koster NB 4000 - 2 Component, Elastic Mineral Waterproofing - W 236 025
KOSTER NB 4000 is a polymer-modified mineral coating for waterproofing the inside and outside of building structures. It is resistant to rain shortly after application, and can be exposed to pressurized water after 24 hours. It is viscoplastic and crack bridging. KOSTER NB 4000 contains no bitumen, is UV-stable, and can be used for adhering insulation boards. It can be applied to slightly moist substrates, and can be painted and stuccoed over with foundation base plasters.
Unit Size - 55 lb Combi-Package; 2 x 15.87 lb Powder Component and 2 x 11.68 lb Fluid Component (W 236 025)
• Combines the properties of a polymer modified bitumen thick film sealant (PMBC) and a flexible mineral waterproofing slurry
• Viscoplastic, crack bridging DIN EN 14891 (Std. climate) > 3.5 mm at 2.0 mm DFT
• For all substrates (stable, customary construction substrates)
• Can be used without primer on moist substrates and old bitumen (no tar)
• Can be used as a panel adhesive (> 3 kg / m²)
• Creamy and homogeneous texture
• Can be painted and plastered over
• UV, sulfate, and frost resistant
• Resistant to water pressure
• Application temperature from + 2 °C
• Rainproof after approx. 2 hours
• Insulation board installation after approx. 4 hours
• Backfilling after approx. 16 hours
Fields of Application KOSTER NB 4000 is suited for waterproofing the inside and outside of building structures, especially in restoration of buildings. It can be applied over old bituminous or mineral waterproofing layers, and can be modified with silica sand to make a scratch coat or filler.
KOSTER American Corporation is a subsidiary of KOSTER Bauchemie AG of Germany.
Founded in 1982 KÖSTER BAUCHEMIE AG specializes in the development and production of high-quality waterproofing products and systems. Today, KÖSTER forms a group of more than 20 companies with worldwide activities in more than 50 countries. Its headquarters are located in Aurich, Germany.
Our R&D facility, production and technical department are all located on the same campus in Virginia Beach, VA. This allows each department to work closely together to ensure each product conforms to the highest standards of quality.
KOSTER operates two production facilities in Virginia Beach. The liquid facility produces all of our epoxy coatings while the powder facility produces our self-leveling underlayments as well as other cementitious waterproofing products.
We place tremendous value on producing our products ourselves in order to ensure the highest level of quality control from development to application. We strongly believe in providing our customers with an excellent and safe experience with our products.