Simpson Strong-Tie ZMax 3.25 in. H X 3.56 in. W 18 Ga. Steel Post Base - BC40Z
The BC post base is designed to connect a post to a wood supporting member. The 18-gauge material of this post base makes it ideal for light-duty connections. The BC provides uplift and lateral resistance and includes sizes for both nominal and rough lumber.
- Opposing nail pattern to reduce wood splitting
- Attains full allowable load using either common nail or pneumatic nail sizes
- Light-gauge material designed for light-duty applications
- 18 gauge
- Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX® coating or stainless steel. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Do not install bolts into pilot holes
- BC post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non-top-supported installations