Simpson Strong-Tie ZMax 2.25 in. H X 3.56 in. W 16 Ga. Galvanized Steel Post Base - ABW44Z
The ABW is designed to attach wooden posts to existing concrete in medium-capacity applications. The built-in 1" standoff of this adjustable post base helps to prevent rot at the end of the post. The ABW has a slotted anchor hole in the base for adjustability and attaches to the post with nails or Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws. This versatile post base makes a cost-effective option for securing a post to the foundation.
- The slot in the base enables flexibility around the anchor bolt, making precise post placement easier
- 1" stand-off design meets code requirements for structural posts installed in basements or exposed to weather or water splash
- Increased uplift loads for earthquake or wind loading
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non-top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports).
- Place the base, cut washer(s) or load transfer plate(s) and nut(s) on the anchor bolt(s). Make any necessary adjustments to post placement and tighten the nut securely on the anchor bolt.
- Place the standoff base and then the post in the ABW and fasten on three vertical sides, using nails or Strong-Drive SD Connector screws.
- Bend up the fourth side and fasten using the correct fasteners.