Simpson Strong-Tie 19.19 in. H X 2.38 in. W 16 Ga. Steel Hurricane Tie - H6
The H6 single-sided hurricane tie is designed to resist moderate to high uplift loads at the stud-to-double-top-plate and the rim-joist-to-stud connections. The length of the tie makes it ideal for applications where spanning a larger distance between members is necessary.
- Forms part of a continuous load path to resist wind and seismic forces
- Suitable for both wood and cold-formed steel applications
- Available in left- and right-hand models; can be installed in pairs
- 16 ga.
- Galvanized (G90) or ZMAX® coating
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Shipped in equal quantities of right and left versions.
- Hurricane ties do not replace solid blocking.
- When installing ties on plated trusses (on the side opposite the truss plate) do not fasten through the truss plate from behind. This can force the truss plate off of the truss and compromise truss performance.